This Interface allows FULL diagnostic of BMW’s build from 1998 – 2013…and more
Some more detailed information:
Each and every OBD2 equipped vehicle is supported by this Interface.
There are only two exceptions to this, if you have an older vehicle with both, the OBD2 and the 20pin connector installed the 20pin connector must be used for factory diagnostic since the OBD2 connector will not be fully wired. (This is only the case for a very small number of vehicles manufactured at the time OBD2 became mandatory) The second exception are F series vehicles, this limitation is actually not caused by the Interface but by the older diagnostic software that does not officially support those vehicles.
Older 20pin vehicles:
E39 and up are fully supported as well – however please be aware that you will need an suitable OBD2 to 20pin adapter cable that is not included with this Interface and must be purchased separately
E34/E36/E38 vehicles are only partially supported, you won’t be able to access all modules inside them, if you need full access to them please review our OBD/ADS Interface.
Latest F series vehicles:
The interface is still fully compatible with those vehicles, however they are not officially supported by the old Ediabas based diagnostic system / software.
Works with INPA, SSS, Progman and all other Ediabas handler based Software.
( All functions as in Omitec Interface )
The smallest, best looking & highest quality of it’s kind.
– Read & erase errors
– And others…
Models that require D-CAN:
– E60, E61 after 3/2007
– E83 after 9/2006
– E81, E87 after 3/2007
– E90, E91, E92, E93 after 3/2007
– E70 (New X5)
– R56 (New Mini)
– New F Series
– As well as all other new models…
– Connects to USB (built in 1,5m long USB Cable, creates virtual comport)
– Double K-Line support (See Screenshot) Please also read the backward compatibility Application Note
– High Speed D-CAN and PT-CAN support (500 kbit/s) (See Screenshot)
– Low Speed PT-CAN support (100 kbit/s)
– Battery voltage detection by control line (See Screenshot)
– Ignition voltage detection by control line (See Screenshot)
INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface – 1
K+DCAN OBD2 female to OBD2 male Adapter for extended backward compatibility – 1
Please be aware that we do not include software for this Item neither on disc nor by download
For a General Introduction into diagnostic on BMW vehicles please download / open and read this PDF document carefully:
For information about driver download and installation please download / open and read this PDF document carefully:
For information regarding backward compatibilty for older K-Line equipped vehicles please download / open and read this PDF document carefully:
For information regarding connection issues on DCAN equipped vehicles please download / open and read this PDF document carefully:
For Driver downloads please go directly to the FTDI Driver Page:
FTDI VCP Driver Page
Q: I have an older BMW with OBD2 Connector (16 pin) which uses K-Line – will this Interface work?
A: Yes this interface will also work on older OBD2 BMW’s using K-Line, however there is a cheaper option for you – please check our other auctions. Also make sure to download / open and read the Application note regarding the backward compatibility of older, with K-Line equipped vehicles.
Q: I have an rather new BMW with OBD2 Connector which uses D-CAN can’t I use a simple (cheap) Interface?
A: No, you need a interface which supports D-CAN such as the one offered in this auction, there is no K-Line available in the new cars anymore so you will not be able to communicate with the car using a K-Line only based Interface.
Q: How does this Interface work?
A: It’s setup as a STD:OBD2 Interface and translates all commands / traffic to and from the D-CAN Bus.
Q: I have seen other auctions from other vendors for a higher / lower price, what’s the difference ?
A: Usually the price and the quality – Since our Interfaces are assembled and tested to the highest quality standards, It’s up to you (the customer) to compare price, product and terms and make your decision according to that.
Q: I have an very old BMW that have an 20pin OBD1 connector under the hood, can I use this interface?
A: Basically – yes, however you would need an OBD2 16pin female to OBD1 20pin adaptercable and certain cars would even require a real RS232 ADS Interface to gain access to all modules – given all that we do NOT recommend using this interface on OBD1 20 pin vehicles, please download / open and read the Application note regarding the backward compatibility of older, with K-Line equipped vehicles.
Q: How much is the shipping to my destination?
A: Worldwide shipping by Airmail is FREE of charge, however if you require courier service such as DHL there will be a surcharge depedning on the weight and your destination.
If you did not find an answer to your product related question – please feel free to contact us and we will reply you as soon as possible to the extend of our knowledge.
1. Most items are shipped within 2 – 3 days due to the custom declaration from China and Hong Kong.
2. All orders placed on Friday will be shipped Monday or the next business day if a holiday is the next day.
3. Customer has 3 business days to report any missing or damaged parts from date of receiving any merchandise.
4. Shipping Time is calculated in BUSINESS DAYS, and does not include Saturdays, Sundays, and/or any international courier’s shipping holidays.
5. Most of the orders would be sent by registered Air Parcel / Airmail.
6. Customer can request to send by DHL, an extra charge will apply depending on location and weight.
7. Your delivery address used by us is the one registered in the membership profile, if there is not specified in extra, we default of using it.
8. We do not accept the PO Box address, the address must be deliverable.
9. For the certain reason, we do not accept the third country delivery, for the Paypal customer, we ship the goods only to the customer's registered Paypal address.
10. The shipment origin is from China or Hong Kong.
www.www.one-stop-electronics.com is not responsible for items that may be damaged, or lost by the shipping company, or "courier" (DHL, EMS). All shipments are fully insured with the respective couriers. All products and packaging should be carefully inspected upon receipt and any damage should be brought to the courier's attention. If necessary, purchaser should alert the couriers and www.www.one-stop-electronics.com that a claim needs to be filed for that shipment. Once a claim is approved and processed by the courier, our shipping department will then ship out a replacement or refund the purchase price. www.www.one-stop-electronics.com has no control over the timelines of the shipments and cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by the courier. If necessary, www.www.one-stop-electronics.com will aid in the filing of an appropriate claim with the carrier in the event of loss, damage, or shipping delay.
Please note customer (purchaser) is responsible for all return shipping regardless of reason for return. We recommend placing insurance on return shipments. www.www.one-stop-electronics.com is not responsible for any lost or stolen return packages.
Credits or replacement will be posted to the appropriate account within 14 business days of receipt of equipment. Packages should be mailed to the address below with the Return Authorization on the outside of the box.