BMW INPA / Ediabas OBD & ADS Interface
Dealing with BMW complex Electronic Control Units (ECU) along the entire process chain requires reliable communication and data description. The Diagnostic Tool Set consists of a set of PC based applications which support developers, engineers and technicians in all aspects of communication with ECUs and vehicles via serial communication lines.
Typical applications of this Ediabas / Inpa interface include:
– Specification of ECU’s diagnostic data
– Communication development
– Reading and clearing error memory
– Flash data uploading and downloading
– Reading measurement values
– Input/output control
– Calibration of single ECU variables
– Coding of ECU variables
– Coding of ECU variants
– CAN (Controller Area Network) bus mode emulation
– One data set and one run time system for the entire life cycle
– Reduced maintenance effort and cost reduction
– Support of all ECU use cases in Engineering, Test, Production and After Sales
– Automatic generation of specification
– Integrated solutions for on-board/off-board
– Fast and simple configuration of GUI and communication data instead of programming
– Customer specific protocols supported
– Learn only one system for different projects
– Open system architecture
– Proven track record
– Long term application by supporting widespread ASAM standards
– Language is English and German
– BMW 1 Series E87
– BMW 3 Series E30 E36 E46 E83 and new E90
– BMW 5 Series E34 E39 E53 E60 E61
– BMW 6 Series E63 E64
– BMW 7 Series E38 E65 E66
– BMW 8 Series E31 E52
– BMW X Series E53
– BMW Z Series E85 E52
– MINI Series R50 R52 R53
– ROLLS ROYCE
Dual mode diagnostic interface for BMW Ediabas / INPA Software 100% compatible with the original BMW OBD2 Interface and all it’s functions in OBD mode, 100% compatible ADS mode for full support of 20pin OBD1 cars such as the E36 series and similar. Only an fully ADS compatible interface can access all modules in certain 20pin OBD1 cars, to check if you have such a car please check the 20pin OBD1 diagnostic plug, if Pin15 is installed only an fully ADS compatible Interface will be able to connect to all modules in the car.
– Connects to RS232 com port
– Status LEDs for mode and Ignition status
– Electronic mode selection OBD2 / ADS mode by switches
– Double K-Line support by two freescale semi MC33290 K-Line drivers and PLD
– Battery voltage detection by RS232 control line
– Ignition voltage detection by RS232 control line
– INPA / Ediabas OBD & ADS RS232 Interface
– BMW 20P to OBDII female connector cable
Q: How does this Interface work?
A: It can be setup as STD:OBD2 Interface in OBD2 mode or as ADS in ADS mode.
Q: I have seen other auctions from other vendors for a higher / lower price, what’s the difference ?
A: Usually the price and the quality – Since our Interfaces are assembled and tested to the highest quality standards, It’s up to you (the customer) to compare price, product and terms and make your decision according to that.
Q: I have an older BMW that have an 20pin OBD1 connector under the hood, is that the right interface for it?
A: Yes, this Interface is the perfect choice for 20pin OBD1 vehicles – only with this interface all modules are accessible in certain 20pin OBD1 vehicles.
Q: I have an newer BMW that have an 16pin OBD2 plug inside the vehicle compartment, is that the right Interface for it?
A: As long as that BMW does not require DCAN yet you can use this Interface in OBD2 mode and it will cover all functions, however we also have to be honest and tell you that there is a cheaper alternative – the simple Interface we offer for 29USD in another auction can do the same job on such vehicles.
Q: Can’t I simply use the cheaper OBD2 interface sold by you and many other sellers together with some adapter cable for my 20pin OBD1 vehicle?
A: You can, however if your 20pin OBD1 vehicle requires real ADS mode not all modules will be accessible.
Q: How do I know if my 20pin OBD1 vehicle requires an real ADS Interface?
A: Check the 20pin OBD1 connector under the hood of your vehicle, if pin15 is installed you will need an real ADS Interface to access all modules. ( For more information about this please scroll down to “Choosing the right Interface” )
Q: My PC does not have an RS232 com port, can I use an USB to RS232 converter cable?
A: In OBD2 mode this might work in most cases depending on the chipset used in the conveter cable, however in ADS mode it won’t work, alternative working choices are certain (but not all) PCMCIA and PCI Express to RS232 cards.
Q: How much is the shipping to my destination?
A: Worldwide shipping by Airmail is FREE of charge, however if you require courier service such as DHL there will be a surcharge depedning on the weight and your destination.
If you did not find an answer to your product related question – please feel free to contact us and we will reply you as soon as possible to the extend of our knowledge.
Limited stock ! “first come, first served”
1. Most items are shipped within 2 – 3 days due to the custom declaration from China and Hong Kong.
2. All orders placed on Friday will be shipped Monday or the next business day if a holiday is the next day.
3. Customer has 3 business days to report any missing or damaged parts from date of receiving any merchandise.
4. Shipping Time is calculated in BUSINESS DAYS, and does not include Saturdays, Sundays, and/or any international courier’s shipping holidays.
5. Most of the orders would be sent by registered Air Parcel / Airmail.
6. Customer can request to send by DHL, an extra charge will apply depending on location and weight.
7. Your delivery address used by us is the one registered in the membership profile, if there is not specified in extra, we default of using it.
8. We do not accept the PO Box address, the address must be deliverable.
9. For the certain reason, we do not accept the third country delivery, for the Paypal customer, we ship the goods only to the customer's registered Paypal address.
10. The shipment origin is from China or Hong Kong.
www.www.one-stop-electronics.com is not responsible for items that may be damaged, or lost by the shipping company, or "courier" (DHL, EMS). All shipments are fully insured with the respective couriers. All products and packaging should be carefully inspected upon receipt and any damage should be brought to the courier's attention. If necessary, purchaser should alert the couriers and www.www.one-stop-electronics.com that a claim needs to be filed for that shipment. Once a claim is approved and processed by the courier, our shipping department will then ship out a replacement or refund the purchase price. www.www.one-stop-electronics.com has no control over the timelines of the shipments and cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by the courier. If necessary, www.www.one-stop-electronics.com will aid in the filing of an appropriate claim with the carrier in the event of loss, damage, or shipping delay.
Please note customer (purchaser) is responsible for all return shipping regardless of reason for return. We recommend placing insurance on return shipments. www.www.one-stop-electronics.com is not responsible for any lost or stolen return packages.
Credits or replacement will be posted to the appropriate account within 14 business days of receipt of equipment. Packages should be mailed to the address below with the Return Authorization on the outside of the box.
There are no reviews yet.